Having always been an avid reader, I was disappointed with myself when I fell out of the habit come term time last year. I always considered myself a Bibliophile, but exams meant that I put that title to one side.
Now, though, we have all the time in the world! Currently, I’m reading two chapters of Jane Eyre every day (for academic purposes), and I’m also midway through Bill Bryson’s Notes from a Small Island. I don’t know why, but it’s just so much more satisfying finishing a book rather than a TV series. I’ve recently finished reading Little Women, and closing that book had more of a sense of accomplishment than finishing Gilmore Girls did. (But definitely not bashing GG here – it’s the cream of the crop of TV shows!).
So, in the spirit of regaining the title of Bibliophile, here’s the list of books I would love to read (and will likely be adding to my xmas list!).
- Carve the mark – Veronica Roth
- The upside of Unrequited – Becky Albertalli
- Anna and the french kiss – Stephanie Perkins
- Public Relations – Katie Heaney & Arianna Rebolini
- We are Okay – Nina Lacour
- Speak – Laurie Halse Anderson
- The Summer I turned pretty – Jenny Han
- Dating Down – Alex Dunn
- Starting from happy – Patricia Marx
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes – Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Mortal Instruments : City of Fallen Angels – Cassandra Clare
- Classic Mother Tongue – Bill Bryson
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen