I wouldn’t exactly consider competing in Masterchef, but cooking is a favourite past time of mine in the Summer months. That’s why I’d thought I’d share this recipe for a banana pancake! Trust me, it’s more appetising than it sounds. Plus, it makes for a great breakfast. As someone that often forgets to have “the most important meal of the day”, this is a staple for when I have time in the mornings. Without further ado, here’s the recipe!
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Banana
- A Pinch of Baking Powder
- 1/2 a Teaspoon of Cinnamon
- Strawberries (Optional)
- Chocolate Spread (Optional)
Method (The minimal washing up required way)
- Butter a frying pan with actual butter or margarine, whichever you prefer.
- Mash the banana inside the (cold) frying pan until it somewhat resembles baby food.
- Now put the pan onto a hob, and heat at gas mark 5 or the equivalent.
- Crack both eggs into the pan and beat them whilst stirring them in with the banana, and add the baking powder and cinnamon.
- Fry the pancake as if it were an oversized American pancake, flipping it over until it has a golden brown appearance.
- To serve, add the chocolate spread and chopped up strawberries (or whatever takes your fancy).
(Based on Bethany Mota’s Blueberry& Banana pancakes)
I hope my debut into recipe sharing hasn’t been too haphazard. Please let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements in the comments section!